Urgent: Monroe County Legislative Majority Very Well Might Kill the Moratorium on Fracking Proposal
Chances are very good that the legislative majority will kill the moratorium proposal (attached) in committee Wednesday evening. If we, Monroe County citizens, complain loudly enough, maybe they will refer the proposal to the administration for consideration.
Before tomorrow, Wednesday, afternoon, could you please email and/or phone John Howland and Anthony Daniele (contact info below) and tell them how much you support the moratorium bill against accepting fracking waste in Monroe County, that it's their job to protect our public health and the environment, etc.?
Remind them of the 4040 petition signatures and growing and that the Voice of the Voter poll shows that more Monroe County residents oppose(36%) fracking than support (31%) it. Here's their contact info:
John Howland is the Chair of the Environment and Public Works Committee. His home phone is 486-4702. The legislature staff get his email but it is –email@example.com
Anthony Daniele is the Majority Leader of the Legislature (elected to this position by his republican colleagues). His home phone is 218-4083. The legislature staff also gets his email but here it is anyhow – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomorrow's meeting should be most interesting to see how this goes. Hope you can join us.
Anna and Nedra
- You have to register to speak by calling 585-753-1950. You can call up to 4PM that day.
- All meetings are at the Legislative Chambers on the fourth floor of the County Office Building, 39 West Main Street, 14614.
- Remember, they only allow 2 minute speeches. This is a teaching moment so please keep it simple and practice it. Amazing how soon that darned bell rings!
- If you want to hand in your speech and/or supporting documentation, please bring 9 copies for committee members.
- Don't be thrown off if legislators don't appear to be paying any attention to what you're saying – regrettably, that's standard behavior.
R-CAUSE (Rochesterians Concerned About Unsafe Shale-gas Extraction)